Position: Community Foundation Fellow Student Intern
Location: Telecommuting with opportunity to work in downtown Athens office location
Supervisor: President | CEO
Essential responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Outreach and Communications:
- Engage in proactive and creative planning for messaging and branding
- Support the management of social media accounts
- Act as an ambassador for the community foundation, prepared to share about philanthropic initiatives and projects when asked.
- Conduct research using timely, relevant, and reliable sources
- Create reports and graphics after conducting literature reviews
- Work with the Athens Area Wellbeing Project (AAWP) team to gather relevant data points to be used for press releases, external communications, infographics, and grant activities.
- Assisting the AAWP team with the collection and management of statistical data and creation of reports, presentations, and communications
- Attend board and committee meetings as requested.
- Partner with staff to create and execute project goals, working together to prioritize, plan and implement the key programs, policies and procedures that are vital to grant-making work.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Students interested in this position should be:
- Curious about community development, grant work, and communications
- Value a collaborative spirit and an openness to diversity
- Flexible and adaptive to change, responding to actively updated requests
- Comfortable with working independently and with some autonomy
- Willing and quickly able to learn new programs, platforms, and skills as needed
- Able to pass a background check
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree IP in relevant field (example: public health, communications)
- Interest and/or experience in project management, evaluation, delivery
- Openness and willingness to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and Zoom
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to present to and effectively work with various stakeholders
- Social networking and communication software skills (examples: Canva, MailChimp, WordPress)
Benefits of Internship:
- We think we are fun and think you will have fun too.
- Opportunity to work hard, see results, and be a contributing member of our staff.
- Awesome addition to your resume when finished.
- Networking with local nonprofits, board members, and donors.
- Real work experience on community issues, ideas, wants, and needs.
Interested in the Position?
Submit your resume to email@example.com to learn more.
Past Community Foundation Fellows
Katie Beth Fowler
Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 Community Foundation Fellow
Summer 2022 Community Foundation Fellow
Spring 2022 Community Foundation Fellow
Spring 2021 Community Foundation Fellow